Saturday, October 04, 2008

Open genetics: genome rearrangement videos and more

A little late I know, but I was going through my draft postings and I rediscovered this one from July. There is an interesting paper in PLoS Genetics by Aaron Darling et al (full disclosure -- Aaron is now working in my lab as a Post Doc ... though I started writing this before I realized the paper was his). The paper is about genome rearrangement in bacterial populations (see Dynamics of Genome Rearrangement in Bacterial Populations). Though the science in the paper is quite interesting, the part I want to promote here are the fun genome rearrangment videos in the supplemental material.


The figure and video are from Darling AE, Miklós I, Ragan MA (2008) Dynamics of Genome Rearrangement in Bacterial Populations. PLoS Genet 4(7): e1000128. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1000128.

3 comments:

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...