Sunday, January 23, 2011

Microbiology curators - coming to a museum near you - and about time

Just another mini-post here.  I find it very very interesting that some serious museums out there are looking to start up "microbiology" curator positions.  The latest is the American Museum of Natural History (see job posting here Assistant Curator and Professor of Microbial Systematics : Central Park West at 79th St., New York, NY 10024 : Naturejobs).  And recently, the California Academy of Sciences has been interested in hiring a microbiologist too (see recent ad here).  All I can say is - about time - after all - microbes kind of run the planet and represent the bast majority of the phylogenetic and biological diversity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...